1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Take Back the 4th Protest in Albuquerque

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Lawrence A., Jul 5, 2013.

1. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    First off, this is not a political thread. It is a document of an event, one small version of the over 100 that took place around the country. Unlike some in the big cities, Albuquerque's event at its height had no more than 30-35 people. Agree or disagree with their point of view, you have to admit that they used their holiday to participate in a civic minded project of some present importance. It's part of the news of the day, albeit a very small part in sleepy little Albuquerque.

Patriot's harangue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watching

[​IMG]
    Not in jail

[​IMG]
    Secure communications

[​IMG]

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good series!
    IMHO, a key part of photojournalism is documenting all perspectives without bias regardless of the photographer's own perspectives.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Perfect!

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    That's not an opinion RT, that is what a journalist/photojournalist is schooled to report.

5. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    I like the last shot!

People are people are people are people are people.

Great stuff Lawrence

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Doesn't look like a lot of action or participation. You know you could have created a bit more drama optically by going longer or wider.

Gary

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks Gary. There wasn't a lot of action. The 30 or so were spread sparsely over a large block on both sides of the street. A more accomplished photojournalist could have undoubtedly done better, though I make no claims to be a journalist, even if I was trying to record an event. Thanks for the photo tips.

8. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    I do like the images very much. I think the captures are well done and interesting to view. The OP as far as I can see didn't ask much more of his audience (us) than to enjoy his captures of that day.:tiphat: