1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Take apart JCP 28mm?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jordan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I received a JCPenney FD mount lens from eBay a week or so ago and when I roll the lens around in my hands it sounds like something is loose.
    Is it easy to take these apart and inspect the insides? Maybe clean it up while I have it open?
    Any ideas what could be loose?
    In the second pic you can see a few small screws but one is under the lip of the mount and difficult to get to.

P6220054.

P6220059.

2. maxsoul

maxsoul Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Canon FD mount have a lot of small ball bearing inside the mount. If the lens is working I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In a breech-lock FD lens there is a small tab inside the mount that when depressed allows you to spin the breech freely and access the three screws needed to remove the rear of lens. However as Maxsoul said if it is working fine with the rattle it may be best to leave it as is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Okay, thanks for the replies. It did kinda have the sound of bearings. So far it seems ok. I'll try to get out and take some pictures tomorrow, if it stops raining long enough. But not complaining, we haven't seen rain here in a few months.