1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Take a picture: get one for free (G5)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Vicky, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Vicky

Vicky Mu-43 Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    Okay, so after playing a bit with the features of the camera it now takes every picture double...

It only happens when transferring the pictures on my computer. Every second picture has different lightning than the 'original' one. When looking on the preview mode on the camera itself, there's only one version of the picture...

It's actually quite annoying having to select all the doubles and deleting them :)
    I think it happened after changing the color pattern from 'standard' to 'vivid', but can't find anything in the manual regarding this problem..

Anyone?

2. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Are they 2 JPEGs? or is one a RAW file? A raw file has .RW2 and the end of the file name instead of .JPG. There is a setting in the camera to let you save one jpg an one raw file of each picture you take. When you view pictures on the camera it will only show one picture.

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    JPG+RAW

Used to think it was a great solution - have the RAW if you need it - but got tired of dealing with the double files and eating so much card space. Took the time to "tune" the JPG engine and never looked back.

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    ^ This is your answer.

Go to your Q Menu. Under Quality, make sure you only select Fine if you want to only shoot JPEG. Or if you want Raw select Raw. But not RAW + Fine, which is what I think you have it set to.

5. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
  6. Vicky

Vicky Mu-43 Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    Woeps, been working my ass off lately so didn't really had time to check your answers! :)

It was indeed the RAW feature. Strange since I can't remember changing anything to make it shoot in RAW... :rolleyes:

7. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Your camera knows best!

8. BLT

BLT Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    London
    James
    My camera is an idiot. . . . so many times I grab it to take a quick shot and realise that it is on CWB or Timer Shooting. . . . stupid camera!:smile:

9. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    It may have a different artistic take on the scene from you.