1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Taj Mahal & Delhi

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Iansky, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    These are the last of my images from the India trip.

All these were taken with the GX1 and I am very pleased with the results, great camera - great performance and stunning subject matter.

The images are here on my blogsite for all who are interested to view:

571 Photography: GX1 does Taj Mahal and Delhi

• Like Like x 8
  2. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    I really liked your India pics! The colors were very nice and really popped. Are those colors out-of-camera, or did you do some post-processing?

3. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    A treat for the eyes!
    I really like the color, movement and atmosphere in the first shot.

The fellow in the blue attire, white turban with yellow wrapped around the mouth, I notice his blurred hand over his scabbard. Careful Ian!

4. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    Cloverdale,CA
    Excellent I really love the color and composition of the first shots, really outstanding.

Can you share something about your experience so far in shooting under challenging light conditions? I'm interested in your processing in this regard too. Do you process in lightroom, shooting RAW. Are you seeing noise in those that have a bright background and a dark foreground? In general how is the GX1 in overall handling?

Thanks for sharing, wish it had been me!

Dan

5. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    I didn't even notice that! I would have been shanked for sure! :biggrin:

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks All,

I am delighted with the performance of the GX1 (upgraded from GF1), it is a very worthwhile upgrade and offers better IQ and much, much faster AF.

I only shoot in Raw and tend to limit my editing in CS5 to contrast/col/tone/levels and USM - if there are bright colours that I feel may benefit from tweaking, I will use the vibrance control.

I did still find that I needed to use the LVF2 for viewing as even though the screen on the GX1 is better than the GF1, on very bright days it is still too difficult to compose accurately - the LVF2 is a world apart from the previous LVF1 and well worth the investment if travelling.

I shot many of the images using the 45-175X and whilst it performed well, it does not have the same clarity and bite of my previous 45-200 so I am considering getting rid of it and returning to the 45-200 as it is a proven performer.

I have been dissapointed with both of the "X" lenses and to my mind they certainly do not deliver premium quality for still photos!

• Like Like x 1