Tabs, pads and/or alternative means of datapower in the field

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Pondering stuff as I am somewhat inclined to, and reading about some fellows doing all their post works on tabs or pads, I am somewhat intrigued about the possibilities so hence-fort a tread to that matter. Currently, even on multiday trips, I just bring the camera gear, no processing or means to, other than the phone and that is very seldom used other than for a quick snap with the phones camera.

Having pondered things a bit, I am somewhat hooked on the idea about a field worthy tab/pad for misc work whilst out and about, and stumbled over the Samsung Active3 Tab which I like the ruggedness of, and that ruggedness seems to be its main selling point as well, which for all intended purposes suits me fine, I think.

Photograpy-wise, I would like it to be able to do easy transfers from SD cards onto hard-drives by cable and I prefer not to work on/in the cloud and with the possibility to run snapseed and LR CC for some, but not intensive editing. I am not tied to the Active3 tab, but I am not inclined towards a office-ready high end large tab either, but android and field worthy is must haves, as is a somewhat smaller form factor, ideally it should be somewhat pocket fittable.

I have extremely limited knowledge and user experience with tabs, other than netflix on a ipad whilst bedridden with a slipped disc, so any pointers/insights et al, both on the Active3 or alternatives, as well as general feasibility insights on the idea would be highly appreciated. :hiding: :drinks:

Latest threads

Top Bottom