1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sydney Vivid

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, May 29, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Sydney Vivid is an annual festerval of light, music and ideas. This year curated by Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed.

This year's "Lighting the Sails" of the Sydney Operahouse by Laurie Anderson.

The other scenes I am posting are part of the "Macquiarie Visions" lightshow where historic buildings are lit by light projectsions celebrating the 200th anniversary of Governor Laclan Macquarie and his wife Elizabeth. Macquiarie was responsible for much of the early design and building of Sydney.

The Opera House shots were taken with my Olympus E-P1 and Panasonic 45-200mm lens. The other shots with the Olympus 9-18mm lens. As usual with my photos, there is minimal post-processing and these are from JPEGs. I also shot RAW and will be mucking around with those later.

Please enjoy...

Attached Files:

2. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Macquarie Visions

Macquarie Visions

The first 2 shots are of St Mary's Cathedral, followed by Hyde Park Barracks, The Mint, and then the Conservatorium of Music. Some of the projected images were a bit out of focus (no it isn't the camera), plus being long exposures and moving images, well you get it. Still, the results are quite pleasing.

Attached Files:

3. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Really nice shots Peter.

Good to see that all the recent rain stopped in time for this.

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very good Peter. What a excellent job they have done to create this awesome effect. It's actually stunning. I like the 1st image of St Mary's Cathedral the best. You've done well to capture the atmosphere. Brings Sydney right into my lounge room.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

These are so cool!!! The contemporary take of a Sound and Light Show! Peter, I really think you've got yourself some fantastic shots... The opera house sails are super...but I'm really bowled over by Macquarie Visions...that second one of St. Mary's is definitely a favorite! Very, very well done.:bravo-009:

And thanks for including your technical details, too. Pretty darn good jpegs but of course we all do know it's all about the person behind the camera.

6. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Great shots, Peter! What an impressive display. Definitely agreed, thanks for sharing these

7. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    A very nice chronicle, a super collection. You planned it out well.

Bokeh Diem

8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Peter,
    Again you prove your ability to make the mundane into beautiful examples of your vision.
    You are the man of the night.....wait, that doesn't sound right...but you know what I mean...