Switch all E-P2 screen output to EVF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dhazeghi, Aug 8, 2010.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Hi,

I've been using the VF-2 on my EP-2 for a while and find it to work very well for my purposes. My only problem has been that if I shoot an image, and then press play to review it later, the review is on the LCD, not in the EVF. I can press the EVF button to change it to the EVF, but the next time I hit the play button, output is back to the rear LCD.

Is there any way to change this so that it always goes to the EVF? It's a nuisance when I want to check focus and I have to press the EVF button first every time.

Thanks!

2. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    i would be interested in the same.. we might need to write Olympus about this

3. shinobi

shinobi Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2010
    It used to be the way you want it before the last firmware upgrade ...

I preferred it that way, since I control it, not the camera.

Anyway, I got used to the new style already, maybe there are more people who prefer it the way it is now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Janis

Janis Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2010
    Central Texas
    I would love to have the change you mention! It interrupts the flow having to push the button to go back and forth.

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I didn't realize the earlier firmware had this. It seems an odd change, but I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting this! Hopefully, if they can undo it in one firmware update, they can redo it in another?

6. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Interestingly I find this desired behaviour mildly annoying on the GF1, but I guess it's just something to get used to.

Everything is fed to the EVF when the EVF is enabled; live view, playback, the whole shebang. With the LVF1 being fairly low res, I prefer reviewing on the LCD. On a G1/G2/GH1 or PEN with the much higher resolution and larger EVF, I might find this more enjoyable, particularly with the low resolution of the PEN LCDs (only marginally better than the LVF1!).