Swapping Batteries

pdbphoto

Mu-43 Regular
I own a OM-5 and a PL-5, both of which I like very much.

I am wondering if the batteries of these cameras are interchangeable. I would like to be able to use the PL-5 batter in the OM-5 and visa versa, if necessary. Has anybody done this and how did it work out?

jjinh

Mu-43 Regular
Yup, it's BLN-5 vs. BLS-5...different batteries.
Indeed.

If you need bodies with the same battery, either
- trade your E-M5 for an EM-10 --> the EPL-5 and EM-10 use BLS-1, BLS-5 batteries, or
- trade your EPL-5 for an E-P5 --> the EM-5 and EP-5 use BLN-5s

I have the same issue with the Panasonic GF-5 and GX-7. .Batteries look and charge on same chargers but have different m-amp ratings.. Does it harm camera to switch batteries or chargers? Batteries have warnings but other than different number of shots what is the problem with using them in the wrong camera?

b_rubenstein

Mu-43 All-Pro
If the batteries have the same physical dimensions (envelope and contact location and layout - which the should since the same charger can be used), then the batteries can be interchanged between the bodies. The difference power (but not voltage, Li-ion are the same voltage), only means more shots with the higher A/hr rating.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom