1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sushi with the other pixie dusted 4xmm lens...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by pxpaulx, Jan 3, 2012.

1. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That would be my Pentax 43mm f1.9 limited! Just got a K-m4/3 tilt shift adapter, decided to take it along for lunch yesterday. (lots of fun playing around with the focus with the adapter)

Chicken and vegetable potstickers with some thai pepper sauce started things off...

EP020043.JPG

My wife and I shared some smoked salmon, cream cheese and scallion rolls, I had the Unagi (smoked Eel) and Yellowtail sushi while she enjoyed miso soup and tempura shrimp and vegetables!

EP020047.JPG

EP020051.JPG

EP020050.JPG

EP020052.JPG

These two shots were both taken straight down...tilt to the left, tilt to the right!

EP020053.JPG

EP020054.JPG

And what would Sushi be without green tea ice cream to wrap things up?

EP020056.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    could you share a link to the adapter? how useful is it?

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I actually bought it 2nd hand on ebay from someone in the US...if you search ebay for 'pentax 4/3 tilt' you'll find multiple sellers (right around $60). I can definitely see the focus tilt handheld, I'm sure it would be more easily manipulated via tripod. It would likely be more beneficial with faster lenses (such as my 43mm which is f1.9).

I just looked quick and if you search simply 4/3 tilt on ebay you'll find adapters for other camera lenses besides pentax as well. I don't think it quite has the versatility of one of the lensbaby nikon adapters, but for significantly less $ it seems to be worth the money.

It is just as solid as any other adapter out there (i've used 3-4 others myself). It doesn't control aperture; the tilt is gradual with a turn of the ring at the base of the adapter, and the whole adapter is independently rotatable to 8 different positions so that you can move the tilt section to different areas of the frame.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    oh I forgot a restaurant plug, haha!

EP020042.JPG