1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Supporting Vendor mpb.com Deals and Announcements

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'd like to welcome mpb.com as a supporting vendor here at Mu-43.com.

mpb.com is a site where offers photographers and filmmakers can buy and sell used photo and video gear. They are available within the US, Canada, and all of the EU, and they offer a six month warranty on all used gear sales.

This is a thread where mpb.com can occasionally post sales and other promotions. I'm confident that they will be a good resource for our members and thank them for their support!

• Like Like x 4
  2. junkyardsparkle

junkyardsparkle haunted scrap heap Subscribing Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Like, The Valley
    Might want to suggest they double-check that the listings match the photos... :hmmm:

• Sad Sad x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Like other companies, I'm sure they will make mistakes at times. Good that they had clear photos of what is being sold!

They have a good reputation and are contributing quite a bit to help keep the site running well for all the members. I hope everyone here will join me in treating them accordingly.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    It's the best used camera gear company I've ever used. They actually post pictures of the used items, unlike keh and bh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. ionian

ionian Mu-43 All-Pro

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    I'm a big fan of mbp.com - much of my gear has come from their stock,and I've sold through them as well.

Any special mu-43 offers will be gratefully received - just wait until after pay day :) 

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christop82

Sep 10, 2016
    Honestly I was saddened to see this thread created.. Now everyone will know about mpb :crying:

• Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  7. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    That will be to everyone's benefit. If they are as good as can be hoped,then the more people that know about them, the more used stock they can get....which will give you more selection! :D 

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Hello everyone, thank you for all the nice comments we have received from you guys on this thread so far!

We are very pleased be here as a supporting vendor of mu-43 :) 

For those of you who don't already know who we are - we are an online marketplace for photo and video equipment.

We've been operating in the UK since 2008 and and have also been serving the US since late 2016.

We deal with a range of mirrorless gear from Fuji, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, Canon and Nikon - here are some of the deals we are offering currently on bodies:

Olympus PEN-F - save $125 at $855.00, in good condition and including charger, battery, strap and front body cap!
    image.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Olympus PEN E-PL8 - save $100 at $429.00 in like new condition including charger, battery, strap, USB lead and front body cap.
    image.jpg

Olympus OM-D E-M10 II - save $100 at $400.00 in like new condition including charger, battery, strap, original packaging and front body cap.
    image.jpg

Olympus OM-D E-M5 II - save $100 at $575.00, in good condition and including charger, battery, strap, original packaging and front body cap.
    image.jpg

Olympus OM-D E-M1 - save $100 at $459.00, in excellent condition including charger, battery original packaging and front body cap.
    image.jpg

Canon EOS M5 - save $90 at $739.00, in excellent condition and including charger, battery and front body cap.
    image.jpg

Fuji X-E2S - save $75 at $449.00, in like new condition including charger, battery, strap and front body cap.
    image.jpg

We have lots more on the site too so please check it out, and don't forget to check back here to see more of our deals!

All of our equipment comes with a 6 month warranty - if you have any queries and would like to speak with any of our customer advisors then please call us on 646-513-4309 - lines are open 9:00am - 5:30pm EST Monday to Friday.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Thanks for pointing this out - we are getting this fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ionian

ionian Mu-43 All-Pro

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    @mpb@mpb - are these deals already available on your site, or are they mu-43.com specific?

And will you be posting any UK store deals? There's a fair few uk-based members on this site.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Good to know! We absolutely can do that too :)  thanks for the heads up.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 4
  12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Not sure if this is appropriate, but I'll roll the dice...

Clare, can you talk about how you establish pricing? For example, do you look at the Olympus Outlet (refurbs) as a comparison, keh, ebay or others? You certainly deserve a premium vs typical used gear, as you are providing a warranty and transactional security. Just curious about your philosophy.

Thanks.

13. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Hi, we tend to check our pricing against most other used retailers to ensure that we are competitively priced.
    We pride ourselves on being market leaders when it comes to our pricing and also have a 16 point checking system :) 

14. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    As far as I know, they don't have deals specific to mu-43.com specific currently. Clare can correct me if I am mistaken.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    Any way you can make your search more useful? The available ways to filter things is almost useless. One thing the KEH site has over yours is the way you can search for specific things so easily.

16. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Thanks for your feedback - this is something our developers are working on! Let me know if there is anything you're having trouble accessing on the site in the meantime.

• Like Like x 3
  17. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Currently these are our general deals rather than specifically for MU-43, but watch this space :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Christop82

Sep 10, 2016
    I like the way the search works, but I also don't mind browsing everything available in a certain category. I prefer it much better than checking a bunch of boxes on the left and constant reloading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. mpb

mpb Supporting Vendor

Jun 15, 2017
    Clare
    Thank you - we are working on some new features on the site, so this won't be forever!

• Like Like x 1
  20. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Would be great us you had a section in Australia as well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.