Supported cameras for the Camera Raw plug-in and Lightroom 4.4?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by htc, Aug 16, 2013.

1. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    There seems to be RAW support for E-P5 only in LR5. Do anyone know if it's coming to LR4 also?

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I don't know, but in the past Adobe has never made ACR updates to earlier versions of their various products.

Fred

3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    True, Adobe has not upgraded the ACR in older products in the past and isn't likely to alter this. Once LR5 shipped, all likelyhood over any LR4 update or patch ended.

Adobe does offer one workaround. There DNG converter, currently at v8.1, is available as a free download ( Win: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.1 and there's also a Mac version). It will convert camera specific RAW files, including those from the E-P5, into Adobe's "universal" DNG RAW format and LR4 can then import and work with the DNG.

4. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Thank you guys. Seems I have to learn how to use the user friendly Olympus Viewer :biggrin:

5. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I was originally lukewarm or less on LR5. I bought the upgrade only because I wanted RX100 support, but I have to say that having installed it (and the very stable LR5.2RC), it was worth the $80.

6. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    I'm afraid of that too :biggrin:

7. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Well, in other news, I just upgraded my Photoshop Elements software.

From version 5 to 11! :eek: :D So I am not always a rapid upgrader.