Support for long lens w/o tripod collars?

SteveNunez

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Nunez
Hello everyone, I'm a new owner of a Panasonic G2 and really love the camera, this is my fisrt post here.
I immediately purchased a Canon FD adapter and have been using a Vivitar 75-300 lens with moderate results. The images are softer than I'd like and could be vastly improved with tripod use.
How are you guys (and gals) suporting long lenses that don't have tripod collars.......handholding doesn't seem possible all the time with good results. Older long lenses that are "shotgun" style where you pull the outer housing for focal length pose a problem.

Here are a few photos using this inexpensive lens handheld.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
There are lens support adapters of various stripes available on eBay and equipment vendors.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
When I use a rock or irregular object (or something that may vibrate), I use The Pod (green) with The Cube

Sadly, it's bulky enough that I sometimes forget to bring it, so I'm going to make a mesh carrying case for the pair of 'em.

arpoador

Mu-43 Regular
I picked up a fairly expensive Manfrotto support when I was shooting with an E-P2, but never use it now that I've switched to the G2. I've found that - despite being plastic instead of metal - the G2 is stable enough to hold even my fattest lenses (a Nikon 180mm f/2.8, a Contax 200mm f/3.5 and a Canon 135mm f/2) without wobbling or bending.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom