1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Super Lentar 28/2.8 (T-Mount) Aperture Test

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by KBeezie, Sep 18, 2012.

1. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    This is a Super-Lentar 28mm f/2.8 T-Mount lens, adapted via T-Mount -> Pentax-K -> Micro 4/3. Serial Number 8734K. It appears to use rear-focusing (the back element moves closer to the sensor the more you focus to infinity).

For some weird reason the color seems to shift rather drastically once I hit f/11 on this lens (that or the contrast at the center of the lens is much better).

There also tends to be some considerable softness around the edge of the frame, especially below f/8.

Shots were taken on my Olympus Pen E-P3

Focus Point : lower right corner of the birdhouse (specifically that lil black knot in the wood)

Processed from the raw file (all the files if any adjustments made were done to all of them).

Shooting: from 2.8 up to 16, in manual mode, for each aperture I'd adjust the shutter until metering showed 0.0 (center-weighted) so that each shot were relatively the same exposure. It's a partly cloudy day today so the brightness changed a bit.

Click image for full size. The web-sized ones were simply resized down to 960x760 (bicubic sharper sampling) and a simple unsharp mask applied (60%, 0.8, 3).

f/2.8
    f2_8_web.

f/4
    f4_web.

f/5.6
    f5_6_web.

f/8
    f8_web.

f/11
    [​IMG]

f/16
    f16_web.