Super Control Panel question ...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Zman, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Zman

Zman Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    Hi,

New to the world of Olympus m4/3 cameras and in need of help.

When using the Super Control Panel on my E-M10 with the touch screen activation OFF, is it possible to move the cursor to different shooting functions to change parameters quickly without going to the menu. My cursor always is positioned over the AF mode and I can't seem to get it to move.

Thanks for your help.

2. comment23

comment23 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    Hampshire, UK
    Rear wheel to change item selection, front wheel to change the setting of that item.

3. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    You should be able to move the cursor using the 4 direction buttons that are surrounding the OK button.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zman

Zman Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    Hi and thanks for the quick replies, but neither suggestion worked and that's why I'm confused.
    Rear wheel changes my f-stop and front wheel changes EI.
    Using the 4 direction buttons takes me to the S-AF selection position grid.

I have been into the menu to set the fn1, fn2, and movie (red) buttons for specific parameters. I may have changed something regarding the SCP but am not certain.

Any other ideas.

5. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    You need to press "OK" first to active the SCP.

If you're already doing that it sounds strange. Maybe a quick cell phone video would demonstrate your problem, or even just a picture of the LCD to show what you're looking at.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zman

Zman Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    That was it ! Had to press the OK button first to activate the SCP and used the directional arrows to move around.
    Thank you all for your help and patience. This forum is an outstanding source of help and information.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    You're right Zman, I've been coming here for years and always get help from other forum posters. Another "Thank You" to all the posters who have straightened me out.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  8. fishone0

fishone0 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    I also had a problem with the Super Control Panel and also got help here

• Agree Agree x 1