'sup everyone, owner of a new GX1.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Vulpix, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Hey everyone, was looking around for an active forum for m4/3 users, and found this place. I've been a long time user of full sized DSLRs, and after realizing that 2kg of water is more important than 3kg of camera gear in my treks, I sold all my Nikon gear, which includes a D700 and a 16-35mm which I loved. :frown:

With a heavy heart I sold everything, and waited patiently for the GX1X kit, arriving 2 days ago before Christmas thanks to Panasonic in Singapore. It feels a little strange not twisting anything on the tiny 14-42mm lens, the 20mm doesn't feel like a lens but still unbelievably sharp, and I'm still stumped how the 45-175mm is so small. The combined weight however is still probably lesser than my ex-D700 body. :rofl:

Anyway sorry for the long introduction. I like what I'm holding right now, and I have a feeling I'll be adding more lenses in the future. Thanks for reading! :tongue:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Welcome, hope you put the GX through its paces and post some goodies.
  3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Yes and your opinions
  4. Seabreeze

Seabreeze New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    Valpix, can relate very well to you not wanting to lug around the weight. I too, am just getting into the micro world.. for the same reason. GX1 nice selection... Welcome
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Congrats, can't wait to see some pictures.
  6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome aboard Vulpix!! And congrats on the new camera!
  7. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Congrats, enjoy the new camera! Looking forward to pictures from your GX1.