'sup everyone, owner of a new GX1.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Vulpix, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Hey everyone, was looking around for an active forum for m4/3 users, and found this place. I've been a long time user of full sized DSLRs, and after realizing that 2kg of water is more important than 3kg of camera gear in my treks, I sold all my Nikon gear, which includes a D700 and a 16-35mm which I loved. :frown:

With a heavy heart I sold everything, and waited patiently for the GX1X kit, arriving 2 days ago before Christmas thanks to Panasonic in Singapore. It feels a little strange not twisting anything on the tiny 14-42mm lens, the 20mm doesn't feel like a lens but still unbelievably sharp, and I'm still stumped how the 45-175mm is so small. The combined weight however is still probably lesser than my ex-D700 body. :rofl:

Anyway sorry for the long introduction. I like what I'm holding right now, and I have a feeling I'll be adding more lenses in the future. Thanks for reading! :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome, hope you put the GX through its paces and post some goodies.

3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Yes and your opinions

4. Seabreeze

Seabreeze New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    Valpix, can relate very well to you not wanting to lug around the weight. I too, am just getting into the micro world.. for the same reason. GX1 nice selection... Welcome

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Congrats, can't wait to see some pictures.

6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard Vulpix!! And congrats on the new camera!

7. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Congrats, enjoy the new camera! Looking forward to pictures from your GX1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.