1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sunspot AR2214 and more

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by tbyork2012, Nov 19, 2014.

1. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    • Like Like x 4
  2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    How about posting a little more in this thread. Why do we need to go to your website to find out more?

3. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    The link provided was only for those interested in seeing more images. People can choose to read on or ignore, but I do not wish to double the work I've already done.
    Anyway this is one of the shots of AR2214 from 2 days ago, when the seeing was much better.
    PB201029.
    Boon
    www.myphotojourney.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  4. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Outstanding imaging

Thanks

For those who have a passing interest apod has an excellent image

SDO_AIA-2014_10_24-21_42UT.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    So, that's what happened to Flight MH370?

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The reason I ask is because there seem to be more and more people posting a one liner on this forum and telling members to go to their blog for even a summary. I regularly post images from my blog and paraphrase or take extracts to better explain the photographs that I post on this forum. I respect the members and the forum, and so make an effort to provide sufficient information so that whatever I post stands on its own merits. If it's lengthy or detailed and therefore inappropriate to post in its entirety on the forum, then I say that there is more information on the blog if anyone is interested. I don't view the forum as a means to increase my blog hits, which is what many seem to be doing.

However, it's different if you're posting in an existing thread like 'dogs', for example, and you don't want to flood the thread with dozens of photos. But when you start a completely new thread that is of exclusive interest to you, then it behoves you to put more effort and detail into your thread. What you've posted so far has generated bugger all discussion, which might indicate that others also view it as akin to click bait. Not providing more information gives the impression that you're not interested in the forum, just interested in increasing your blog hit count. Saying that it doubles your workload only adds to that impression.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PhilS

PhilS Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Phil Savory
    Great set of photos on your blog tbyork2012, the plane images are great