Sunset on Panama City Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Djarum, May 13, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Ok, I'm a native Floridian. I moved to Alabama to get my degree and I have lived here for about 10 years. I have seen my fair share of sunsets and sun rises in Florida. I have many pictures documenting them. Mobile, Jacksonville Beach, Daytona, Pensecola Beach, Panama city, Clearwater and a few other places I can't remember. These are the first beach sunsets I've taken with my EP1. This is probably the best sunset I've experienced, ever. The color was amazing. The light and air were just right. There were a few clouds to present contrast against the sun. At any rate, here are a few pictures, unprocessed other than resizing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I just want to bump this. Also, CC is always welcome.

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

DJ, many thanks - I missed this earlier. You photos show that perfect lighting...and make me ask myself why I don't find a way to live on the beach somewhere?

I especially like the lighting on the chairs in numbers 2 and 3 - very nicely seen, but I can hear those waves in number 6 and I think I can feel them, too - really 1ish I were swimming in them. All very nice but those are the ones that hit me.:bravo-009:

Ah, to dream...and to figure out a way to get down to the Outer Banks...that's my choice of sunset and ocean swimming.:wink:

5. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Fort Walton Beach, a long time ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nikon F Photomic with 500/8 Reflex-Nikkor.

6. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Brian,

I really like ft walton. We spent some time a few years ago there when we were in Pensecola. Its only an hour drive or so from there. Nice pictures.

7. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I lived in Jacksonville, fl, growing up. We lived about 10 miles from the beach, and when I was in highschool, I spent many a day down at the beach. I would love to move closer to the beach. Its about 6 hours from where I live to the beach. It kinda sucks, lol.