Sunpak RD2000

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by marcochan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. marcochan

marcochan Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 30, 2012
    Hi,
    Have somebody here tried using the sunpak rd 2000 on olympus epm2 or any other m4/3 body?
    Is it compatible? Do they have olympus mount?
    Please advice me because i have plans to buy rd2000 for its size. Other flashes are way too big for my camera.
    My criteria for choosing flash are
    1. Size- it should be small for travel and will look balanced on top of epm2
    2. Bounce capability- i only bounce bonus if it can swivel sideways for portrait. But tilt bounce is enough for me.
    3. Power- at least gn21 or much power as sb400. I will only use the flash mostly for indoor family gatherings.

2. yehuda

yehuda Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    I have the Metz 24.
    Perfect for your needs, reliable, consistent. You can't go wrong getting one.

I attached a photo showing one mounted on the G5 and a size comparison with the Metz 44 & 50.
    The 24 is great for indoor bouncing and I almost never use the larger 44/50 since I got the 24.
    One caution though: there are knock off flashes of the 24 like the Polaroid pl108-af which I also have and for some reason the Olympus cameras (EM5 and XZ-1) underexposed the output with the polaroid to a point there were dark and useless while on Panasonic bodies (G5, GX1) the flash worked fine. I tested this using TTL and setting the same ISO,shutter speed and aperture size with the same lenses.
    The metz 24 works exactly the same for the Olys and Pannys.

ForumRunner_20131024_175155.

ForumRunner_20131024_175207.

3. marcochan

marcochan Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 30, 2012
    Wow this is exactly what im looking for in terms of size. Does it do TTL on oly? How about manual?

4. yehuda

yehuda Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    It does TTL only (no manual) both on Oly and on Panny.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.