Sunny Day in NYC

DeanD

Mu-43 Rookie
My daughter said I looked like a tourist and indeed I felt like one even though I've lived here just about all of my life. These were shot on a sunny Sunday walking around the west side of lower Manhattan; an area of the island I've never actually ventured before.

Shot with E-P1/17mm in Monochrome. Minimally processed in Lightroom 3 Beta (I'm trying to learn this tool, seems to have most of what I will be needing.)

Feedback encouraged.

Thanks for looking.

- Dean

picture.php
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
Some cracking shot's there!! I love the skater and the building ones best. Great work!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
DeanD, welcome to mu-43 and thanks stepping right up with your photos, too!

Monochrome, aha! Yet another option on these E-Ps that I have not delved into. Very interesting. I love the first one - the street seller's expression as he's drinking his hot cup of coffee along with his wares, the FDNY t-shirt sign, with the seller's own garb (Peruvian style woolen hat no less), with the backdrop of the museum's signs - and the lighting and the off center slightly angled view make it really a great one for me.:bravo-009:

Of course the September 11th memorial is very moving for all that it tries to represent...and the reflections of the almost ghostly buildings, add to it. Two worlds.

Check out the whole place here and stop in for an introduction if you feel like it.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Dean,

welcome the the forum - these really are very good indeed!

Thanks for sharing, and I'll look forward to seeing more in due course... how long have you been shooting with the E-P1?

Seeing these, I am certainly inspired to get the 17mm f2.8 out for a walk in mono... perhaps in the morning.

Cheers

Brian

DeanD

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks to everyone for your warm reception and kind encouragement. I'm looking forward to "hanging around" here and contributing likewise. Between work, family, and other obligations I don't get out to shoot much; mu-43, I am hopeful will provide additional motivation.

- Dean

Latest threads

Top Bottom