Sunday morning at UCLA's Royce Hall

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by flipmack, Nov 11, 2013.

1. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    I had to attend a workshop on campus this past Sunday, so I got in extra early to catch the golden hour against Royce Hall.

100-2-medium.jpg

035-medium.jpg

017-2-medium.jpg

103-medium.jpg

108-medium.jpg

068-medium.jpg

For some reason, my wide shot of Royce Hall is too wide and is cropped - it can be seen better on my blog.

Anyway, I've recently switched to using my E-410 and ZD 14-54 as my primary camera, and I forgot how sharp the combo is - at the expense of easily-blown highlights. In my opinion, this makes me think more and analyze each shot with a bit more scrutiny...but this also adds to my photo-taking experience satisfaction, since I like knowing that I have to work on my pictures.

The E-410 & ZD 14-54 with the EPM1 & Samyang fisheye make a great combo and fit perfectly in my Crumpler 3MDH bag!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Yeah but : the BLUE skies!
    Do you bracket too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    to be honest, the skies really were that blue...on one of them, the blue is a bit off because I tried to accentuate the orange brick of the building.

No bracketing. I could probably bracket to make things a little easier..

I have to dial in about -0.7 to -1.0 EV to prevent blown highlights, then just pull the detail out of the shadows in PP.

4. SLOtographer

SLOtographer Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Sep 1, 2013
    California
    Stan
    Nice set! It's an amazing building on the campus, along with Powell Library. Go Bruins!

• Like Like x 1
  5. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    +1 from a UCLA Grad.

woof!

6. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    here's Powell Library across from Royce:

102-medium.jpg

A little different compared to the Royce shots...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.