Sunday morning at UCLA's Royce Hall

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by flipmack, Nov 11, 2013.

1. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    I had to attend a workshop on campus this past Sunday, so I got in extra early to catch the golden hour against Royce Hall.

100-2-medium.

035-medium.

017-2-medium.

103-medium.

108-medium.

068-medium.

For some reason, my wide shot of Royce Hall is too wide and is cropped - it can be seen better on my blog.

Anyway, I've recently switched to using my E-410 and ZD 14-54 as my primary camera, and I forgot how sharp the combo is - at the expense of easily-blown highlights. In my opinion, this makes me think more and analyze each shot with a bit more scrutiny...but this also adds to my photo-taking experience satisfaction, since I like knowing that I have to work on my pictures.

The E-410 & ZD 14-54 with the EPM1 & Samyang fisheye make a great combo and fit perfectly in my Crumpler 3MDH bag!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Yeah but : the BLUE skies!
    Do you bracket too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    to be honest, the skies really were that blue...on one of them, the blue is a bit off because I tried to accentuate the orange brick of the building.

No bracketing. I could probably bracket to make things a little easier..

I have to dial in about -0.7 to -1.0 EV to prevent blown highlights, then just pull the detail out of the shadows in PP.

4. SLOtographer

SLOtographer Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    California
    Stan
    Nice set! It's an amazing building on the campus, along with Powell Library. Go Bruins!

• Like Like x 1
  5. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    +1 from a UCLA Grad.

woof!

6. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    here's Powell Library across from Royce:

102-medium.

A little different compared to the Royce shots...

Attached Files: