Summer - 2013

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Rick Waldroup, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Below is a link to a short slideshow featuring a new personal project that I have been working on for the past few months. The project is now complete. The soundtrack is Lullaby, by Karen Fitzgerald. It is from a royalty free music service that I use for my slideshows and videos.

This project was started on the first day of summer, June 21, 2013 and ended on the last day of summer, September 21, 2013. It is the first major project that I have shot in color in over 35 years. The series was shot using a variety of toy cameras and lenses, employing both digital capture and film. The toy cameras and lenses used were made by Lomo, Vivitar, Pop Art, and several other varieties of extremely cheap point-and-shoot film cameras that I modified by sanding the lenses, cracking the bodies to allow light leaks, etc. I also used a Holga lens on several different digital micro 4/3 camera bodies. Very little post processing work was done on the photos- most of the effects you see and the deep color saturation came from the toy cameras themselves or from filters used in the digital cameras.

The children featured in the photos are my own grandchildren and some of their friends from the neighborhood.

This was a tumultuous summer for me and my family- some loved ones moved on, others faced uncertain futures, several unexpected illnesses, and finally, on the last day of summer, an early and unexpected birth of a new member of the family,

The entire gallery of photos from the Summer - 2013 project are up and running on my website.

Peace to all of you.
    • Like Like x 1