Sulphur Creek

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by DMLarson, Mar 30, 2015.

1. DMLarson

DMLarson Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2014
    Dan
    I just hiked this phenomenal canyon in Capitol Reef National Park last Saturday. Except for two small spots, it is too wide to consider a true slot canyon, so I decided to make a thread for this canyon alone. The hike is about 6.5 miles from one trailhead to the other. I had my wife drop me off at one and pick up at the other. There were a couple of exposed spots on the hike. The worst was at a waterfall where I had to sit down on a ledge, hang my feet over the side and drop about 6-8 feet into a shallow pool of water with a sandy bottom. I loved this hike and this canyon. All shot with the E-M1 and O12-40.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    Thanks! We're going there in a month and looking for things to see and do. How hot was it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    Low 80's sounds hot to me! What'll it be like mid May? When it gets a little closer I'll PM you for more details if you don't mind. Sounds like you know the areas. We're staying in Torrey.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonyturley

tonyturley Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2014
    Splendid photos, Dan. Looks like a great place for a hike.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.