Suggestions for good (hidden?) spots to shoot Mt. Fuji from?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by LowriderS10, Sep 30, 2014.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Hi all,

I've booked my 10th trip to Japan (yes, I have a slight obsession with that wonderful country)...I'm finally going to see Mt. Fuji!!

I'm likely going to be staying in Kawaguchiko, an easy walk from the Saiko and Kawaguchi lakes, over which I'm hoping to shoot Mt. Fuji. I'll only be there a short time...(2 full days), hoping to spend one day around the lakes, and one day going up to the Fifth Station on Fuji.

Any suggestions for good photo spots?

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Anyone? I'm sure someone's been there...I'm thinking of doing the 5th station hike around the mountain one day and hanging out on the north side of the lakes another day.
  3. dancebert

dancebert Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    For my Sept trip, It was reasonably easy to find good directions to views of Mt Fuji in the Hakone and Kamakura areas. I expect that would be true for any area with Fuji views. I found most of the info on the tourist websites run by towns and prefectures. Weather prevented me from seeing Fuji, but I'll be back.

I've read the best place to see Fuji from tokyo is the 25th-floor observation windows of the Bunkyo Civic Center aka Ward Office. Go to google images and search 'bunkyo civic center fuji view'. The building is just north of the Tokyo Dome, an easy walk from a subway station.
  4. Andym72

Andym72 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Reading, UK