1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Suggestions for a GF2...bag?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by dixeyk, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Since the fates have decided that I will not be selling my GF2 I am on need of some suggestions. I wear a smallish musset bag that I have been carrying it in along with my glasses, iPad and few other small items. It fits fine but every time I open my bad I notice that the flash is up (the release is inconveniently placed on the camera's back).

I have a small bag that it fits in and goes into the bag but that's not the most convenient way to carry it. I was thinking maybe some type of insert but I know exactly ZERO about inserts other than the ones on my Domke bag (and they're too big). Any suggestions?

2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I don't know how big your bag is but Crumpler has a couple of new inserts called the Haven. It comes in S, M, and L sizes. You should also looking into eBay where you can find lots of different reasonably priced inserts.

3. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
  4. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    The Crumpler Haven (S) looks like it would be just about right. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can track one down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    FYI - I've had one on backorder at Adorama for a couple months. Let me know please if you find a better source. :2thumbs:

6. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I picked up a M Haven from Crumpler Canada a couple of months back. They must be popular if they're back-ordered.

7. garfield_cz

garfield_cz Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Pavel
    I would prefer inserts with side pockets for storing additional stuff and also smaller bags makes more sense for "tiny" m4/3 gear. Crumpler Haven S was on my list but it is not available in Europe and seems to me too deep for my needs.

I am very happy with CIESTA Arco Flexible Insert Mini http://ciesta.co.kr/ciesta9_com/product/Insert_Arco_Mini_03.inc. Its dimensions are relatively small (20x9x14cm) but can swallow GF2 with attached 14mm and G3 with attached 14-45mm (lens down). Side pockets are filled with mini lens pen, small flat blower, microfiber cloth, spare battery, SD card and there is still some space left for cups or filters :smile: Oh I forgot that I've added another bottom layer cut form camping mat for additional protection. I will cut same one for top if I consider that I need all side protection :thumbup: