Suggestion: Buy & Sell subforums

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by rparmar, Mar 6, 2014.

1. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    With shipping costs the way they are, not to mention duty, it makes zero sense for Europeans to buy from those in N.America... and likely the same is true other way around. Trawling through hundreds of listings to find the odd one from Europe is tedious, so most times I don't bother. Instead I buy elsewhere.

It would help enormously if Buy & Sell threads were separated into different sub-forums geographically. I imagine that the most that would be needed are four categories: N.America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Other. But even two categories would basically solve the problem.

P.S. Thanks for the good work to date on Mu-43.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Robin, have you tried using the search box in the upper right corner of the Buy & Sell page to search for "EU" or "UK", etc? It's (IMO) very quick and effective.

3. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    What I would like is to search to exclude CONUS, but the search options don't give that option.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    That is indeed useful... to a point. It's good for capturing most posts. But I would have to search for each and every EU country to be sure of catching all of them.

The other issue is the same as with any other Search... it dumps me out in a special "Search Results" page that is not the same as a regular Forum page. Quite a few options are missing (like the Forum menu). I have never liked how Search does this.