Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Mu-43.com, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Mu-43.com

Mu-43.com  

Aug 24, 2010
    Please post your mu-43.com suggestions and requests in this thread.

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I tried in the discussion forum about progressing your photography.
    I got very personal and then felt that the thread got hijacked.
    I felt that opening up would inspire others to also do so.
    Now I wish I didn't.
    There is potential here but it will take time for members to build that potential.
    Shooter

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Don, I'm not sure I understand why you regret your contribution in that thread. I certainly appreciated it greatly, and I know others here did as well. As you said, it will take time for this forum to reach its potential.

4. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It's an internal thing. I've spent my life being mostly low key and under the radar.

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I felt is an exclent thread. I hope I didn't Hijack it, and if I did, I appologize.

Dj

6. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I think the mFT format needs[/i] a forum like this. Dpreview has been for a long time, the defacto for the exchange of photographic and equipment ideas. However, along the way, especially in their mFT forum, the goal of the forum has been lost. Instead of being an educational forum on photography and mFT cameras, its become a place of debate about which lens or camera is better. I think some discussion about equipment is useful. For example, there was a user who kindly gave his own thoughts/experiences regarding filters on the OLY kit lens. However, I had to sift through much of the clutter to get to it.

I think the only way that the mFT format will progress is if people buy in and share their experiences with others. I've even got a few coworkers who would have never thought of buying an SLR, but after seeing my EP1 they had second thoughts about them.

Un-related to the forum specifically, I think mFT will be greatly helped by having lots of options of models of Cameras. I think this is what has helped APSC cameras to be so popular. Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Sony all make these types of camers with many options and things to choose from. This is what mFT needs.

Dj

• Like Like x 5
  7. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    DJ,
    The opposite is what I meant my friend. I felt I hijacked the thread by posting very personal.
    I felt this forum was somewhat different and hopefully that will remain true in the future.
    We shall see.....
    Don

8. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Not to Hijack this thread, LOL, but photography is something for many very personal. I don't know if I personally would be as vested in it(which I'm not really, when it comes to money. I am however, when it comes to time and the nagging of loved one's while trying to get the right shot) if photography wasn't. All hobbies are personal. For example, I've gotten into astronomy the last year. Got a decent scope for christmas last year and started to learn and view the heavens. I'd have to say, one of my most memorable and personal experiences was seeing the Orion nebula for the first time in sub 15 degree weather.

To the real point, don't discount the idea because its personal.

Dj

9. kman

kman Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne IN

how cool you mention the astronomy hobby --- I also did the same thing last January, I bought a telescope and was about to view the Orion Nebula for the first time myself. It is a very good experience and it makes you realize how small our little planet really is. In fact I have been waiting for the clouds to clear and to get back out there looking for more stuff in the night sky. Also on the same note this past summer I was able to find the Whirlpool Galaxy which was also good eye candy. By the way I did not get one the auto finder type scopes --- I just use my star maps and try to find stuff the hard way. Which when it is below freezing i sometimes question my logic.

kman

10. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason

I have yet to find the whirlpool galaxy. I have a smallish scope(5 inch reflector) and tons of light pollution.

Dj

11. kman

Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne IN
    i was able to find this summer with a 6" SCT and I was out in the middle of no where ( I would never be able to find it from my home -- too much light pollution ). To be honest it was a pain to locate it and it was not very bright or large, but it was worth the effort for it is etched into my feeble brain now. I may try to locate a t mount adaptor for my ep-1 so i can try to get a photo of the orion nebula this winter.

kman

12. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Don, I know how you feel - but just to thank you for sharing your personal views here... I'm confident that we can create and maintain a very positive vibe on this forum.

Amin, patience is the key... along with consistent activity over time.

As for dpreview, it's a hugely popular gear focused site - but I won't be trying to discuss Photography to any depth there... I hope this forum will be completely different in that regard.

Cheers

Brian

13. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks everyone for the emotional support.
    Is this when we do the group Huggy thing?

Nah.....more meds for me and I'm good to go...
    Great group here....thanks...,
    don

14. kman

Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne IN
    oops --- sorry for the hijack with regard to the astronomy stuff
    I will try not to do that again

stay on target -- stay on target

kman

15. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    We've even got a smiley for that :grouphug: :rofl:.

But seriously, Don, I mistook your meaning. I was trying to figure out whom you meant had hijacked that thread, and now that you said it was you, I want to tell you... no way! The thing about that thread, which I think is a great one (thanks Brian for starting it), is that there are threads within it. There's a sub-thread with your personal thoughts and wisdom, there's a sub-thread with Ranger's insights, and there are thoughts from the rest of us, both related to yours and others' ideas. I think it was/is all positive, and I'm sure there was no hijacking. Not every thread has to be coherent!

Which gives me an idea more to the point of this thread...

Would mu-43 be better if the threads here were shown in threaded form like at DPReview rather than in the flat/chronological view? :polling:

16. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    NO! I hate that stupid layout.
    Here ya just hit read 1st unread and your there.
    Across the street ya have to follow an outline.

Don't fix what ain't broken.

I think you should be trying to build the community not worrying about the format.

PS...tell then guys above this post that the Astronomy stuff is cool and not a techinal hijack. It's just a related sidetrack.

Amin, ya might just have something starting here.....
    Something good.......

• Like Like x 2
  17. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Okay okay:agree:

Patience has never been my strong suit!

18. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Well, Google's on our side :smile:. Incredibly, when you search for "Micro Four Thirds forum", this site comes out ahead of the DPReview "Micro Four Thirds Talk" forum :2thumbs:.

Attached Files:

19. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Amin,
    There really isn't a place to discuss the cameras except for the open discussion. Maybe you should make a dedicated area for the cameras for discussion. What is there now is an image thread but not a discussion thread.
    Don

20. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Don, I didn't want to make so many discussion threads as to prevent people from making their own threads. For example, anyone could start a thread in "Panasonic cameras" forum to discuss a particular Panasonic camera. Or do you think there needs to be a non-brand specific camera discussion forum?