Suggestion: adding support for touchBB

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I don't think it would be appropriate to implement touchBB without her permission.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
On a serious note, I am currently looking into TouchBB, ForumRunner, and Tapatalk. My primary concern is security. Don't want members to be able to read one another's PMs, etc.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Amin, can I Admin from forum runner?
I didnt see any info about that for the iphoney 4.
You know who....
Yes, Don. Some admin functions are not available, but basic moderation tools like closing threads, deleting posts, etc, seem to be available in Forum Runner. Also, posting using Forum Runner or Tapatalk should be immune to the "double post" bug that has affected admins/mods here.

Can you add the support script for touchBB? It is an app to help forum browsing on iPad/iPhone.
It can be found here:
iPhone Forum Reader
Alf, I'm going to hold off on TouchBB support for now because I am having trouble finding enough information about it. I found some massive boards which use Forum Runner and Tapatalk, and that makes me feel more comfortable. Please try one of these alternatives and if you find them inferior to TouchBB, I'll take another look at it.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Any of these support Black Berry?
Tapatalk is free for Blackberry and Nokia. You have to pay for it on iPhone and Android. Support for Windows Phone 7 and WebOS is there via third party apps.

Forum Runner currently supports only iOS and Android with announced plans to support Windows Mobile (Phone 7?) and Blackberry.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
It's pretty nice, Don. Now that I look, some basic mod functions aren't in Forum Runner. I see close/delete thread, edit post, but not much beyond that. Even less mod functions are in Tapatalk.

One really nice thing about Forum Runner is that you can swipe through a full screen slide show of all images on a particular forum page.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom