Style

JimRead

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Jim Read
Hello all,

I had a bash at the street pic caper a couple of years ago, and began by wandering about getting as close as I could and just shooting scores of pics. As I find though with these things it gets a bit boring just doing it aimlessly so I started to look closely at what I'd done searching for a theme and one of the things that emerged was Style; this is one of the pics

View attachment 365325

Style is subjective so the pics are my take on it, it may mean the way a person stands or walks and has nothing to do with clothes, on the other hand it may have everything to do with clothes if a person feels stylish wearing them.

I recalled an interview Eve Arnold gave to Woman's Hour on BBC R4; she said that she was walking down a street in Philadelphia with Norma, no one was taking any notice of either of them. Eve asked Norma what she did to become Marilyn and so Norma became Marilyn and suddenly everyone recognised her. Eve went on to say that it was nothing to do with the clothes or even the walk, she just projected Marilyn in an indefinable way and then went back to being Norma and they carried on walking.

Cheers - Jim

JimRead

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Jim Read
Hello Ron,

Thanks for that I'd never thought of it in those words, yes you're right, I suppose it becomes more than a portrait because they have no idea that they are being photographed.

Cheers - Jim

Here's the next one:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JimRead

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Jim Read
Hello Barry,

I saw that in the Radio Times but like an idiot forgot to record it. At the time I made these there was a movement to try and stop street photography so I spent about 4 months being seen doing it, and being stopped and questioned. Use it or lose and it we very nearly did.

Cheers - Jim

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom