1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Stupid me.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TNcasual, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Day four in Las Vegas and I’m about to run out of film.

I not only forgot a backup SD card, the one I brought is a 16gb.

Luckily there is a Best Buy nearby.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Fortunately Flash is so cheap these days that even paying the high markup for regular retail isn't so bad. Should be able to find a decent brand name 32GB for under $20 at most big box stores.

Back in the real film era, I paid about $15 for a roll of basic 24 exp film at Disneyland. That was painful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  3. TNcasual

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Didn’t you just suggest Target?

I just looked and Target opens before Best Buy. There is one of those nearby, as well.

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

I changed it because I was saying Best Buy was expensive, but if I am honest I haven't checked for years so it felt dishonest to say. I paid like $17 for a 32GB Sandisk 80MB/s at my local target recently though.

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Sure it's expensive, but you don't have to take those once-in-a-lifetime shots of your adorable children on this incredibly expensive vacation.

6. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Unless you have your own vehicle the SD card might cost $17 but the Taxi ride there and back will be $$$. :eek-31:

7. dalto

dalto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2016
    Texas
    If you don't have a vehicle and need to pay for transportation you might check if there is a guest shop of some type where you are staying or visiting for the day. It would be outrageously expensive but it could save you a drive and travel expense.

8. TNcasual

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I have a rental - Mitsubishi Outlander from Canada, complete with KPH as the main speedometer reading.

The Best Buy is across the street, though. I could walk there.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Another time (also at Disneyland) in about 2007-ish, my digital camera battery died and I had left the spare in the hotel. I went into the gift shop to buy a disposable film camera for the afternoon and they were $26. Well it was a refreshing 1 mile jog to the hotel and back for the spare battery... :) 

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. archaeopteryx

archaeopteryx Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Number of SD card purchasing trips @TNcasual@TNcasual could have made since this thread was started: 5.5 and increasing. ;) 

(I know, I know, they're not open for another 14 minutes.)

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. TNcasual

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Got conference sessions this morning, until I decide I don’t ;) 

12. Mack

Mack Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2018
    Some of those Dollar General stores also sell SD cards in a pinch. A lot of drug stores too.

13. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Best Buy has gotten a lot more competitive in the past few years as they've clawed their way back from the brink. I'm pretty sure they even price match with Amazon and other online retailers now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Does Amazon have same day delivery in Vegas?

15. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Go to Pawn Stars and make a deal with Rick. :laugh1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    And that is not including the cost to then develop the film later.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Julia

Julia Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Dresden, Germany
    I wanted to suggest this, too. Was a convention a few years ago with a film crew and somehow, one of our cases with backup cards got lost. None of us could leave the place to go to the nearest shop because we were filming all day long. We bought 40 cards off Amazon and had them delivered the same evening … one of those times you really marvel at what technology can do for you nowadays :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. DefectiveMonk

DefectiveMonk Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio, US
    Mark
    If your hotel has a concierge, ask them if the hotel can get one for you. This is the kind of thing a concierge should be able to handle no problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. barry13

barry13 Mu-43.com Editor Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    If for some reason BB doesn't have what you want, I believe there's a Fry's in LV now.

20. That was my first thought, too. I mean, the guy's just standing there at his little podium, waiting to help people like you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.