Studio Lighting Kit

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by saeveritt, Jun 18, 2010.

1. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
    Since I am a beginner I was wondering if someone could recommend a good studio lighting kit. I have a budget of around $150, can anyone help me out?

Also* I just recently began making short films and would love to use them for that as well.

So far I am considers the following:
  2. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
  3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    its been years since ive used studio lights , i think that adorama in ny york has some low priced kits also try band h photo ,sorry i dont have personal experence for 20 years

dont know how good this is but seems an ok beginner setup said to br good forr full length 159 dollars

Hours of operation

Product Reviews
    Adorama Budget Studio Monolight Softbox Kit #12, with 2 100 watt Second Budget Flashes, Light Stands & Two 12" x 12" Softboxes

Mfr. Part: BSBK12 SKU: LTBSBK12
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Scott, aren't you about to take off on your big trip? Why not hang on for a bit on this equipment if you can and then when you come back there could be some more responses.:wink:

P.S. If you're after the lighting for film reasons in particular, your thread might be better served if it were posted in the Video Corner forum. Let me know if you'd like me to move it for you, otherwise we'll leave it right here.
  5. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
    Thats a great idea BBW. I think this would be well suited in the video corner.
    Thanks for the recommendation cosinaphile!
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Well, Scott, to the Video Corner I will move this thread and I hope you'll get some more helpful comments, too.:thumbup:
  7. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    prix photographe mariage

Superb thought and ideas for studio lighting kit suggesting BBW, best suited in video corner, i just relly agree with you.