1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Studio ideas for persons without dedicated space..?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jbuch84, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Alright guys, so I've been having a great time shooting outdoors and on make shift indoor set ups but... I want to order off camera flashes and make a studio setup too.

I currently rent my house and don't have free garage space or rooms to dedicate to a studio. I've thought about renting a space but I'm not sure I would be there enough to make it worth the cost just yet. Any ideas?? Would like a place that people can come to and not feel like they are getting their pictures taken in "my living room" lol

2. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    I'm not sure where you are, but I've been looking into renting warehouse spaces in SF for a studio (not photography) and they are surprisingly cheap, roughly $1 per square foot and if you can find 1-3 people who have similar interests and are willing to share with you, a small warehouse space should be pretty affordable although most spaces for rent are fairly large. You'd probably have to do some setting up but it's better than paying a premium for a livable studio space

Keep in mind that I'm in San Francisco, where real estate is more expensive than most places in the US.

3. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    I'm in hick town Illinois, i may have to do some real digging to find a small place for rent. Most all places are apartments, open business offices, places that would want WAY more than I could find reasonable to pay :) I'm going to keep on the look out though!