1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Studio ideas for persons without dedicated space..?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jbuch84, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Alright guys, so I've been having a great time shooting outdoors and on make shift indoor set ups but... I want to order off camera flashes and make a studio setup too.

I currently rent my house and don't have free garage space or rooms to dedicate to a studio. I've thought about renting a space but I'm not sure I would be there enough to make it worth the cost just yet. Any ideas?? Would like a place that people can come to and not feel like they are getting their pictures taken in "my living room" lol

2. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    I'm not sure where you are, but I've been looking into renting warehouse spaces in SF for a studio (not photography) and they are surprisingly cheap, roughly $1 per square foot and if you can find 1-3 people who have similar interests and are willing to share with you, a small warehouse space should be pretty affordable although most spaces for rent are fairly large. You'd probably have to do some setting up but it's better than paying a premium for a livable studio space

Keep in mind that I'm in San Francisco, where real estate is more expensive than most places in the US.

3. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    I'm in hick town Illinois, i may have to do some real digging to find a small place for rent. Most all places are apartments, open business offices, places that would want WAY more than I could find reasonable to pay :)  I'm going to keep on the look out though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.