1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Stuck Fotodiox Canon FD adapter (50mm f1.4)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by LexG213, May 28, 2013.

1. LexG213

LexG213 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Alex
    So I've gone and gotten my FD adapter stuck on my 50mm 1.4. The silver tightening ring partially loosens but then gets stuck. Also the aperture ring is stuck between 1.4 and 2.8. I was attempting to get the aperture blades un-stuck as they were stuck in the open position, but I think I touched something I shouldn't have. I confess I don't know much about how these lenses work or why it might be stuck. Any suggestions? I can throw a pic of the inside up if that might help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Alex

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm guessing you put the adapter on with the adapter in the lock postition, which will then stick the aperture in a limited range, or stuck. Wiggle the breech lock (lens side) and the adapter till you can get the adapter off. becareful of the aperture control mechanism, the silver protrusion on the bottom and just try to not bend it. They're pretty tough so don't worry to much. Also does the aperture iris open and close if you move he "open <-> Lock" ring on the adapter?

3. LexG213

LexG213 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Alex
    I think I tweaked the aperture control mechanism and that's what got it stuck in the first place. The iris does not open and close by moving the adapter lock ring. I've wiggled the breech lock and it's loosened, but is still stuck after a short turn. I've even tried the brute strength approach with no sign of it budging or the adapter loosening : /

4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam