1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Stretching Logic

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Mogul, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Among other formats, I occasionally shoot 4 X 5. Just to test the bonds of reality, I wonder what would happen if I could adapt my 250mm Rodenstock large format lens to my G3 body. Has anyone ever tried anything like this or am I just a demented dreamer?

2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    You will have a hell of a crop factor, spend hundreds of dollars on multiple adapters stepping down to MFT, suffer a sprained wrist, and possibly rip the face off your camera. Otherwise let you imagination run wild.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    I guess I should have made myself clearer. The lens I have is about two inches in diameter and less than an inch long. It ordinarily uses the bellows to achieve film plane to nodal distance.

4. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

hmmmmmm

There exist bellows attachments for lots of lenses and cameras. Probably have to take your LF lens out of its plate and design a method to attach the lens to the appropriate bellows. I'm sure it could be done. You'd be using just the very center of your lens and would probably get wonderful sharpness.

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
  6. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Rev Bob, thanks for sharing such an amazing link.

7. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Thanks for the clarification. It's been quite a while since I've used the cameras. I remember the big glass, and but forgot my smaller lenses. This is 237mm so minimally longer than yours.

Wollensak_Velostigmat.

8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    It will give you the same field of view of any other 250mm lens. With the potential of more in-camera reflections to cause flare because the image circle is so big.