1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Street shots w/ Leica Elmarit 45/2.8 + Olympus E-P2

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by sabesh, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  2. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Nice shots Sabesh. No one seems to have noticed you taking the pictures.
    What camera do you shoot with?

I must have this lens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Thank you! I shot these with an Olympus E-P2. The lens has great resolving power, so I was able to crop some of the pictures. Cheers.

4. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Yes I agree with AZ, not cause we're both from Arizona but we both appreciate the shots.

Great framing and timing. Love shot no. 2, concentration and zeroed in on the game within a busy place.

Keep em coming.

Pete

5. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Great work, nice to see this lens used for street work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Excellent, I especially liked the man on the bike :2thumbs:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    My favorite too :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    I'm going for the block and shackles as my favourite, but then I'm always a little shy when it comes to photographing people. I must have a trip to town and put my example of this lens to the test.

9. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I enjoyed all of them scrolling up and down trying to figure out what foreign country they were taken in......only to realize that they were shot in Toronto!!!!

Great photography!!:2thumbs:

10. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Once you go out and shoot once, your inhibitions will be gone and you will become confident at taking people pics. Mind you, I've been yelled at a few times, but most people just don't mind :)

Thanks Bill! These were mostly taken at Queen St (near Yonge) and the Harbourfront area :)

11. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Thanks sabesh, I'll certainly give it a go, means a special journey to the big city from my rural retreat, so I'll be in an alien environment as well, big test in both senses, camera, lens and me :smile:

Barrie

G1 and GF1
    20mm, f1.7, 45mm, f2.8, micro nikkor 55mm, f2.8

12. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey i like the one with the two guys playing chess. The reason this has caught my eye is that i have seen a few pics that others have shown with the same thing. People playing Chess. It must be something that is done over that way cause I've never seen it in Australia. It looks like it creates a relaxed atmosphere.

icon

13. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Barrie, try and hit places where there are a lot of tourists. People there don't seem to mind their pictures being taken. I've taken street pics in the UK (London - big city & Inverness - small town). Best of luck :) Cheers.

Thank you! Yes, people in Toronto appear to like outdoor chess once springs comes around. I've seen this in Vancouver too (Robson Street). Cheers.

14. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I really like 1,4 and 5..... 90mm isn't this the best lens for street, but you did well...

15. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks! The resolution of this lens is quite good, so I was able to crop some of the pics to isolate subject matter. Cheers.