Street shooting in Florence...

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Just back from 4 days in Florence... the one in Italy

Didn't step inside a single church or museum.... just not my thing, though I did eat some great food and enjoyed the sunshine, and grabbed some street shots. All E-M1 with 17, 25 and 75, my go-to kit on trips like this.

full set here, which I will be adding to over the next few days

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinparis2007/sets/72157648230054071/

and here are a few to tempt you in.... or not

P9300038 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P9300065 by kevinparis, on Flickr

PA010071 by kevinparis, on Flickr

P9300029 by kevinparis, on Flickr

K

CiaranCReilly

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ciaran Reilly
Didn't step inside a single church or museum.... just not my thing
I'm 100% with you there, there's more than enough going on on the streets to fill the time up rather than queueing among the plump tourists, my visits to Italy have been devoid of churches and museums, and full of streets, squares, rivers, bridges, pizza and gelato! Lovely photoset, but the first shot is exceptional. Looks like a fun trip!

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice work Kevin! I think your street style flows better in a European setting! There's a certain comfort level I feel in these shots versus your LA street work. I can't put my finger on it, but there's more of a "zen" feeling I get in these shots. :smile:

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Nice work Kevin! I think your street style flows better in a European setting! There's a certain comfort level I feel in these shots versus your LA street work. I can't put my finger on it, but there's more of a "zen" feeling I get in these shots. :smile:
thanks for that Jonathan.... an interesting perspective... not sure that the difference is me, the environment or a combination of the two. Certainly they are two very different cities and two very different peoples. Perhaps its I feel more of an 'alien' in LA and more at home in europe

cheers

Kevin

soalle

Mu-43 Rookie
nice shots...

1st is beautiful, but also 3rd in my opinion is a very interesting composition and moment that you caught there!

Congratz!