Street Photography. Goobye 17mm. Hello 15mm

agbfoto

Mu-43 Regular
As you may know, I've been a long time user and promoter of the mZuiko 17mm F1.8

Since 2015. I have got some amazing images in that time. I really loved the lens.

One thing I always disliked about the lens, is what is in my opinion an average lens coating. Since I use the lens for street photography, well it got wet, dirty and all, and after a short period it got lots of scratches on the lens surface. Sure it´s mostly my fault, but anyway. I was already using my third copy of the lens.

Then I started noticing that the right side of the image was much softer than the rest of the image, at least wide open. I never actually cared much about corner sharpness, but then, it started bothering me.

Looking at older images I could see all of my 3 copies were pretty soft at the corners, I guess noticing that, it makes me a little better photographer..

Last month I came to a very, very good deal on a DJI 15mm F1.7, a lens I have heard was sharper, but of course a little wider.

Now, after a month using the lens, I came to appreciate the extra sharpness and I think I can live with the 30mm aov.

Here some samples of the first month.
20211002-PA024395.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PA024314.jpg
P9284025.jpg
P9273908.jpg
20210922-P9223275.jpg
P9193124.jpg

All EPL7
Exif intact
Regrads
Alex.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I have the PL15mm. A wonderful lens. I also have the P25mm, which I was told to buy as a “nifty 50”. It is a decent lens that does not get much use. The PL15 seems so bright and great. I really fancy a 20mm. What is that going to do for me. I have shoot with the P20 but that did not physically work well for me, not instant enough. I have been using a Pentax 18mm 110 adapted lens. Manual, but not bad. Do I need the new OM20mm. Not at £650 I don’t. Going out with the P14-140mm this morning, I shot all day with it on Tuesday. That has a 20mm in there, and a few more. No lens changing, which is one reason for buying it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom