1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Street Photography , by Me

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Ranter, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall

A video of some of my street photography. If you've got a couple of minutes to spare ...

its mostly 2014..some 2015 and a couple from recently
    2015 was slow for me , didnt get out much too many things going on in life, and i got lazy

Looking forward to the 2016 street shooting season especially now that weather is getting better

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Clicka

Clicka Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Vancouver
    Peter Campbell
    Well done. I enjoyed your work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    Thanks for the comment, and for taking the time to watch

4. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    Some really nice shoots - I enjoyed watching. I am a bit undecided about the format i.e. putting them in a video - which takes away my own decision making in terms of how long I would like to spent on each picture - but there is also something nice about the flow and how that matches the busy streeets of NY... Hmmm maybe reduce the number of pictures and let each shoot hang a bit longer.... then again maybe not

Anyway you got me thinking :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    It took some time for me to decide how I wanted to present
    So basically I went with my experience when watching this type of video
    4 minutes long is in my opinion alot of time to keep someones attention in you tube.. so I decided to keep them moving .. and if a picture really grabs someone's attention they can pause it.. now that I think on it , I think I will add a Flickr link in the description
    I've watched a few of these and I found that when it lingered too long or the same photo , especially one that I didn't find all that interesting I was very likely to stop the video and move on to something else

I do need to use something else to create the next one as this particular software cropped alot of the pictures ... so you will see some pics with the very bottoms of people's feet or very top of there headshould cut off. .that is not how they were originally shot

6. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    Nice shots. 4 min is pushing attention spans when you can't skim past images that don't interest you. (I watched half)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    But the second half is when it gets really good ;)
    Seriously tho, thanks for clicking and giving it a chance , and thanks for your honesty. .
    Yes, I agree 4 minutes was too much .
    Appreciate the feedback back