Street Photography (as it should be!)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by digitalandfilm, Oct 10, 2012.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Went to the Museum of the City of New York today, and they had two Street Photography exibits- one from London and a hallway full from NYC.

They had some real gems from the masters, and I photographed them (with permission) and here is what STREET should look like.. as illustrated from the masters.

The OM-D did a great job- often at ISO 3200 and very slow shutter speeds, but noise wasn't a problem nor was camera shake.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bugger, we're all decades too late!

When looking at this type of work I always appreciate when the images gives a feel for the place as well as the people. They're like a time capsule.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    They also had stuff from like the 1800's in London- way cool.
  4. melonbread

melonbread Mu-43 Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I love the really old street photography... as everyone is dressed SO WELL. Looks like it was a great exhibition ^_^
  5. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Some great examples her but the boy with the building in the backround is special. A million potential stories in that photo.
  6. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Maybe some of these were shot with the OM-D's great grandfather !!! :)
  7. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Wonderful showing of "Old Time" street-shootin' long before TV, digital, just a real pleasure to look at history! For those who were born and raised in NYC they would really appreciate these!
  8. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    thanks for that. Intereing to see different era. Look at the kid inside
    the laundery window.
  9. onurpnr

onurpnr Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
  10. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I caught that exhibit a couple of months ago, it was superb. I can't see the images in the OP at the moment, but I remember a couple of the William Klein images stood out for me.
  11. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    I can't see the images in the OP either ... have they been taken down?
  12. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    I'm guessing there might be issues with copyright. The museum might have given permission, but did the owner of the copyright?
  13. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    No problems with copyright- I simply updated my website. I'll repost them as attachments
    • Like Like x 1