1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'street' - Liverpool, UK

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bangonthedoortwice, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Bangonthedoortwice

Bangonthedoortwice Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    Hey! Some shots I put together for my first photoblog on 'street' tonight and I have just been featured in Olympus magazine this month (Olympus Magazine page4 cough cough) as an OM-D advocate on my Facebook page. You can see more at my blog Street photography, Liverpool. | Ashley Duncan but here's one from that day.

Attached Files:

2. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Great pic! Congrats on the publication too, I will check it out.

3. Bangonthedoortwice

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    Thanks Rozza!

4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing this. It is interesting seeing a bit of what used to be my old man's stamping ground (but many years ago) in todays time.

:drinks:

5. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

Thanks ... I grew up in Liverpool, but left back in the '70s. Have been back a few times recently, and it certainly has changed a lot. Mostly for the better.

The first one looks like it was taken on Castle street, looking towards the town hall?

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Great shot that makes you look twice before you realise it is a bloke with facial hair!!

Superb bokeh, what lens did you use?

7. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    That's what I was thinking too, but I haven't been up there for quite some time, so those shops etc, I don't recognise at all.

If it is, back in the 70's I used to work just around that corner at the far end in Dale Street !!

I did have to double, treble-take that it was a bloke with stubble we were looking at !! LOL :eek:

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Great photo of an absolutely bizzarre individual! :hmmm: :shakehead:

9. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Confused about this being M43 or Olympus?

Your blog states "Out & about on the streets of Liverpool, snatching shots of passers by. Shooting with the Fuji S5 85mm f1.8 manual."

10. Bangonthedoortwice

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    It is North John st, I remeber now as I wanted to get a picture of people crossing the road and that road has a wee bend you can stand safely on, just opposite Debenhams. Was great to be in the right place with the right focal length at the right time with the camera. Then again, I was out for 5hrs that day.

Yes thanks, i love it, colours, rendering, bokeh, its 1 of 3 shots, i actually ran behind him as i messed up the 1st shot with shutter speed so leaped a few steps forward and took it again, it is the Fuji S5, and this shot was with the 85mm. I thought this was the "street" thread in 'other systems'? I didn't take the OM-D out that day.

11. Bangonthedoortwice

Oct 14, 2012
    Merseyside
    I couldn't believe it either, he looked in the reflection after lighting his fag and I just caught the moment where you can see his beard lol