Street Art: Please Post your Pictures

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
49929466172_349bd15a18_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hippocampus subelongatus by Amok Island, 100 Hampton Road, Fremantle, circa 2016 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A very frustrating piece of street art to photograph. This was my earliest attempt.

I come back to it every so often to try and get a better image, but shooting a multi-story piece of art from a relatively narrow streetscape with trees …

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
49948008182_8d86c865df_h.jpg

The Beaconsfield aka Moondyne Joe’s – Commercial Building, Wray Avenue, Fremantle by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Street art near the bottle shop at Moondyne Joe’s, formerly The Beaconsfield Hotel from 1894 until 2007 when its name was changed.

I was surprised to find that the Beaconsfield Hotel was so old and had a heritage listing. I should not be surprised as an assessment of the building was undertaken in 1998 by the City of Fremantle to address an application for development. It was noted at that time that the building bore little resemblance to the original form.

The Beaconsfield Hotel was designed by Fremantle architect, Herbert N Davis for the owner E E Davies. The Hotel keeper at that time was James Davey.

The hotel was owned by Davies until 1903/4 when it was subsequently transferred to Arthur E Davies and Frederick Jones. Hotel Keepers during the early 20th century included, George B Beard and William McKenzie. Services offered at that time included, bedrooms, sitting rooms, billiards and bars.

In 1920 the hotel was owned by the Castlemaine Brewery and in 1929 was acquired by the Swan Brewery. The manager in 1920/21 was Margaret Herlihy.

The Hotel manager in the 1940s and 1950s was Michael Byrne.
In 1960, architects Allen & Nicholas prepared plans for the removal of the verandah and balconies on the Wray Avenue and Hampton road facades. A new awning was to be installed in its place. Additional features of this project were the removal of the original windows to the south of the main entrance and their replacement with a single large pane window and the conversion of the upper balcony access doors to windows.

In 1965, plans were prepared by architects Hobbs, Winning & Leighton for the addition of a new Winter Lounge. This was located on the Wray Avenue elevation on the eastern side of the existing building. The finish of this façade was brick and concrete block panel.

In 1968, the winter lounge was again extended on the Wray avenue elevation. The finish of this exterior matched the concrete and brick extension of 1965. The owners, Swan Brewery Co Ltd designed this extension.

In 1990, the property was for sale and at that time it was noted that the property included 12 upstairs rooms, some of which were rented, three bars, a drive-in bottle shop and an extensive parking area

The property changed ownership in 1994 and again in 1995 and was transferred to Richard and Elena Bennett who undertook a major renovation of the interior. The remodelling was undertaken by architect Bruce Arnold and included a wide range of facilities.

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Don’t you want to participate in @Harvey Melvin Richards’ Show Bullet Holes thread? In past correspondence you indicated that Swedes don’t practice that art form.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Don’t you want to participate in @Harvey Melvin Richards’ Show Bullet Holes thread? In past correspondence you indicated that Swedes don’t practice that art form.
I don't show off the bullet holes I have made! ?
I don't own a gun and probably never will.
But I can shoot one, the last time I shot some guns, it was a Carbine with red dot sight, a S&W 357 Magnum, and 2 automatic pistols. (I think it was a Colt and Beretta. Probably 9mm.)
I came in second in the competition! Happy with that!
Oh, BTW, the S&W 357 was a disaster, My hands was too small for it! Couldn't really reach the trigger so I had to yank the shots of instead of squeezing!

OH, I should amend my previous statement:
" Only if you promise not to use that thing in your right hand! " with "on me"! :)

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Wonderful comic book store on Central Avenue (Route 66). @BosseBe Watch the "right hand" carefully!

Asorted vilans i.jpg
Asorted heros iii.jpg
Asorted heros ii.jpg
Asorted heros i.jpg

Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Mural w tigers.jpg

mpeg

4/3 Activist...
Real Name
Gordo
P1001282.JPG

A stairway to Heaven.. or .. A ladder from Hell.. !!!

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

SprocketTheCat

Mu-43 Regular
P1000687.jpg
P1000690.jpg

mpeg

4/3 Activist...
Real Name
Gordo
P1120233.jpg

Aristophanes

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
997A33EA-13F9-4ABC-B984-70B72B13C1A8.jpeg
2A2DB76A-84C2-4950-BDD4-D5AE1E84427B.jpeg

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
"Artur Rubinstein"
Łódź, PL

06200086lc.jpg

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I must have walked past this on dozens of occasions, each time we've strolled along Bristol's Floating Harbour, but only spotted it this year.
It's by the celebrated (and local) artist Banksy, and he's titled it "The Girl with the Pierced Eardrum".
You'll probably get the connection when you see it. ;)

2002-21-OM10.jpg

mpeg

4/3 Activist...
Real Name
Gordo
P1001286.JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom