Straps

Bullfrog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One of the joys of :43: is that we've got a lot more freedom in how we carry our gear around. I love that I can feel safe and comfortable carrying my GF1 on a wriststrap.

I got a couple of wriststraps here: http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com/ and just wanted to share the site here. If you're hunting for a decent wriststrap these are, i.m.o., top rate.

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
I have been using a leather strap from China. Hand made and reasonable quality. The cost was USD 18.50 including shipping anywhere in the world. That price includes the stap bumper.

4261715630_837e8d073d.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The guy seems to make these in batches of 10 and at the moment only tan and light tan are available.

Mr Zhou

I have actully since returned to a full stap and am using a Lowepro Speedster. Surprisingly cheap and just the right size for the E-P1. The only downside is the quick release catches are a little on the large size.

lowepro_speedster_camera_strap.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The rubberised woven back is very good and makes for a secure grip over the shoulder and the strap can be adjusted suffictly for most people to cater for around the neck use or diagonally.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Nice suggestion Bullfrog, I have been wondering about picking up a Wii remote wrist strap for a similar purpose?

Also, there are some threads running on dpreview at the moment about strap lugs falling out of the GH1/G1 - I don't know how much load the GF1 lugs have been designed to take?

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Bullfrog - I love the shape of the camera 'naked' so to speak, so I'm not sure about a full leather case. I've already got the Olympus half leather case, but rarely use it. The soft leather neck strap is really nice though!

Cheers

Brian

robperks

Mu-43 Regular
I have been using those for about 3 months now on my GF1 and my Canon XTi. I keep the cameras in a top load zoom type bag, over the shoulder diagonally, then use the wrist strap when I am take pictures, in challanging situateions, i.e. rolling on the bike or hanging over the edge of something etc.

I like the functionality, and the lightness. The downside is they do not look nearly as classy as the ones in the first post

I've been thinking about one of these for my EP1 :

http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=6&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=&CATEGORY_ID=4

Anyone have any experience with these?

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I have been using those for about 3 months now on my GF1 and my Canon XTi. I keep the cameras in a top load zoom type bag, over the shoulder diagonally, then use the wrist strap when I am take pictures, in challanging situateions, i.e. rolling on the bike or hanging over the edge of something etc.

I like the functionality, and the lightness. The downside is they do not look nearly as classy as the ones in the first post

Thanks! I think I will get one then. I'm looking for functional, not form, LOL. I don't care much for leather either because it generally has higher maintanance.

Dj

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I can recommend "Wrist Wonder" and "Y Strap". Both are very well made and feel good in use:

http://figitalrevolution.com/wristwonder/

http://figitalrevolution.com/y-strap/

That Y strap looks interesting. I have a strap that I use from an old camera bag similar to how he is using his Y strap. The problem is, and I think similar to his strap, is that to keep the camera tight against my body, the strap doesn't have enough give in it to hold the camera out with an LCD. This solution would be perfect for those using an OVF/EVF though. If I allow for enough give to take a picture with my PEN where the camera is out and away from my body, then the camera is no longer tight against me, but flopping around on my side a little.

Dj

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
The Y Strap looks good, especially now that he's making it in black for those who want to be less obtrusive...and I like the fact that it can be adjusted for such things as a down jacket, and can be worn underneath a jacket, as well. I've always hated carrying anything around my neck that hangs down - including binoculars.

It does appear to be easily and quickly adjustable which if so would make it useful for the LCD view two, I'd think.

Thanks Roni G.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
The Y Strap looks good, especially now that he's making it in black for those who want to be less obtrusive...and I like the fact that it can be adjusted for such things as a down jacket, and can be worn underneath a jacket, as well. I've always hated carrying anything around my neck that hangs down - including binoculars.

It does appear to be easily and quickly adjustable which if so would make it useful for the LCD view two, I'd think.

Thanks Roni G.

I use binoculars for astronomical purposes, and the binos hanging around my neck drives me nuts!

Dj

Latest threads

Top Bottom