Straps

Jolliger

Mu-43 Rookie
Picture as requested, had to remove the camera to take photo.

cost me less than 10 pounds. No orders please

Roger

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 269

pete

Mu-43 Regular
Camera strap for ep2

I am besides myself on a silly and on going situation I'm having and here's the story... I'm not sure if I should keep the camera strap on at all times. It always gets in the way and at times will snag on something almost causing the camera to slip from my grip.

Could I ask how you carry your camera and why....silly post I know.

Thanks all for input..Pete

Bullfrog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Not silly at all Pete. I keep my GF1 on a neck strap and usually carry it slung over my shoulder. I also use wrist straps but not as much. The neck strap gives me enough of a feeling of security walking around to 'forget' about the camera. When shooting I usually loop the strap around my forearm.

I like using Gordy's straps.

Justified_Sinner

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dauvit Alexander
Perhaps perversely, I use a neck-strap and wrap it several times round my wrist. I almost always carry the camera in my hand but using the neck-strap means that the camera can be hung round my neck when both hands are needed (like for changing lenses).

I've always done this, even with my old film cameras, and have no idea where the idea came from.

BartonFlyer

Mu-43 Regular
I've just bought one of these http://figitalrevolution.com/y-strap/ although it's a tad dear for a piece of webbing and a key ring !! it seems a stunningly good idea so I look forward to trying it out for real this weekend - Since getting the E-P2 I carry everything in jacket pockets now instead of the rucsac

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Gordy's look good Paul and the price seems very right, certainly until I can save up for my Luigi version.:biggrin: Did you get one with the neck pad and those little o ring bumpers?

I'm getting tired of the nylon version that came with my E-P2.

(P.S. Pete's recent thread was merged into this one.)

Bullfrog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
BB,
I got one with a neck pad but also a couple of string attaches as the lug n the GF1 is very flat and the fit with just the o-ring attachment isn't so great. I only realised that after having gotten it and Gordy mailed me out the attachments no questions asked. His service is top notch. I also use one of his wrist straps on my old XA2. He does great work at a good price - though I'm still trying to justify pimping out with Luigi!!!

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
I've been reading about the lug problems with the G1 and Gh1 so I've been watching my lugs very carefully.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Luigi's Braided in Fox color....anything less is ...uh...less
Sinner, this strap does the wrist wrap....excellent...
shooter

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
OK, Don so what makes the braided version so much better than his others? Because if I'm going to pull the old trigger on one of these via eBay, I'd better choose the version that will be best for me. Maybe the "deluxe" unbraided? Maybe the "less costly" version without the neck pad?

kathyh

Mu-43 Regular
I use a strap from Gordy's that screws into the tripod socket at one end and attaches to a lug at the other. The camera hangs over your shoulder and lies flat against your side and it's easy to put up to your eye. I got the idea from my leica CL which has both lus at the same end.

Kathy

Latest threads

Top Bottom