Straps

2mnycars

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
DaveL
I checked out the Ken Rockwell site a while back. He recommends a Leica strap...his link goes here:

Leica 14312 Carry Strap with Anti Slip Pad for M Camera 14312

I decided against it, and bought a wapiti strap for my Nikon, and another slimmer one for my mirrorless camera. It's on my N1V1 now; need another one for my OM-D.

I live in Canada and shipping cost and duty, etc make some purchases very very expensive by the time you're done.

Currently have a Think Tank strap on my OM-D. It's like a Domke gripper strap, except the stick-um rubber layer is on both sides of the strap. That's an advantage!

recasper

Mu-43 Regular
Well, I got tired of my old braided leather wrist strap (too still and harsh on the skin) and opted to go the paracord route. This stuff is insanely easy to work with and so much more comfortable.

Picked some up from Beverly's hobby store (6' of cording) and started perusing the online braiding tutorials. In the end, I went with an adjustable bracelet style and a Cobra Stitch approach. I wasn't sure how people made the adjustment point and literally went at this, testing blindly, haha. I got a little clever with the anchor point of the braid, folded it over, connected it to the slack between the braid and the original loop knot I started (mounting point). Voila, I ended up with the bracelet adjustment I was wanting. Just took some head-scratching and difficult threading.

Anyway, enough rambling... here was the result and I couldn't be more satisfied. Even stores away very nicely (last image).

View attachment 262969
New Braided Wrist Strap - Adjustable (Wrist Adjustment Closed) by RE Casper, on Flickr
View attachment 262970
New Braided Wrist Strap - Adjustable (Wrist Adjustment Open) by RE Casper, on Flickr
View attachment 262971
New Braided Wrist Strap - Adjustable (Top View) by RE Casper, on Flickr
View attachment 262972
New Braided Wrist Strap - Adjustable (Wrist Adjustment Closed) by RE Casper, on Flickr

What do you think?

Savas K

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I checked out the Ken Rockwell site a while back. He recommends a Leica strap...his link goes here:

Leica 14312 Carry Strap with Anti Slip Pad for M Camera 14312

I decided against it, and bought a wapiti strap for my Nikon, and another slimmer one for my mirrorless camera. It's on my N1V1 now; need another one for my OM-D.
I got the Leica one you linked to, Dave, and i find it the least conspicuous and easy to pack and secure strap that is at the same time easily removable. Once removed, there is nothing hanging off the camera. The pad is grippy enough without being too grippy.

mblevins

Mu-43 Rookie
Another +1 for Gordy's.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom