Strap Again... Black Rapid Curve

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 2mnycars, Dec 6, 2015.

1. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Reason. Sold all my Oly gear. M5. grip. weather roof kit zoom. moderate tele zoom. Fed up with out of focus lost photos of moving subjects. Dusted off my D300S, which I used to use my BR curve

Incredible customer service. The concern I had about my very old Curve was the carabiner used. They have a better design now. I asked that they consider my concerns. they sent me a replacement sling with the improved carabiner. I am very pleased

The Oly has been replaced with a Sony a6000.

Dave

2. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    I use BR straps with Oly gear, a Curve to carry one E-M1 and a Yeti to carry two. I attach quick release clamps on the straps to mount the cameras and I use carabiners to clip the straps to my belt so they can't swing away too much - works for eye level shooting and waist level, but I have to unclip for ground level.

3. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    Thanks for the update on the gear. Does this mean you have no more M43 gear left so won't be posting here any more?

BTW - I also use a dual BR strap - one camera slung each side - no back ache!

4. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I guess that's up to Admin and members whether I can stay or not

I wish I had bought Pany gear. My lenses did not have vibration reduction. It was in the Oly body. I shake.
    I need that feature

Had a photo business for years. Leica. Nikon pro gear. Fast glass.

If Admin and members feel I don't contribute I shall leave

5. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    Sorry, wasn't suggesting you should leave :) Sometimes people change gear, move to different forums and away they go, only to come back in a couple of years when they change their mind and re-buy the gear. There are of course others who like to come back and tell us how we're using inferior gear and really should be buying Fuji. Oops, did I just say that out loud? :)

It's fun to buy new gear :)

Keep having fun and take lots of photos :)

6. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I walked into Henrys regularly looking for help photographing moving subjects. Their advice was to upgrade to the most recent Oly body. This is over 2 years.

They had misrepresented the Oly M5 ability from the beginning. They told me to sell my DSLRs as the M5 was a replacement, and even better. I'm glad I didn't trade the gear in

Yes. others have said to buy Fuji

Sony NEX5. Nikon N1V1. Oly OMD M5. All have had their better points.

Thanks. wonderful photographers here. They inspire me!

Dave

7. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I am using PeakDesign straps on my smaller gear

The BR strap is a pain inside my photo bags. It's a delight used as a sling, as it should be

8. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Please don't have any ill will toward m43 because some jerky sales rep sold you on a false pretense.

The Panasonic DFD and Olympus PDAF cameras are all very good cameras for capturing action and sports. Not in the same league as a DSLR yet, but they are very close once you get to understand how they work.

9. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

I always used Domke Gripper straps on all of my cameras. Well, it's no sling and hardly ergonomic, so I was thinking about BR... until I moved from Domke bags to the Mindshift Rotation Panorama 180 backpack and Peak Design Capture Pro plates and forgot all about it - but that's for travel / hiking. For an event I'd probably still take a Domke along, because I can stick two cameras in it. So the Capture plate (on the bag strap) would handle one camera, but I'd still consider BR for the other one.

10. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I am truly impressed with m43

I am sad I was duped by a sales pitch.

There were better choices.

There was no customer service after the sale.

I trusted Henrys for years and years.

11. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    l used a BR curve for a couple of years. my norm used to be to keep my camera out, ready to use. I carried other lenses in my Domke. Now photography is just a hobby, my camera is stored more. The pad is huge, and storage is a pain.

I used Mister Domke's gripper for years and years

After I bought my m43 camera, I realized I was using same old strap, and bags, and losing some advantages.

I ended up using Peak Design sling and wrist strap. They were easy to use, and easy to leave attached in my bags, then quick to remove when I needed too

Right now I have their wrist strap on my RX100-2, and sling on my a6000, and D300S with grip attached

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015