Strange world

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Claude
On this picture you can see my mother and her husband, Jacques. This was on the occasion of Jacques' 90th birthday party during summer of 2019. This and the next were shot with my then-newly-acquired GM5. It was a fun event.

Jacques_Sim.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jacques is American, but was born and spent his childhood in Quebec. He raised his family in the US and we rarely had the occasion to meet his children. But they came for the occasion of this party.
Next photo is Jacques' son, Phi, who is sort of a step-brother for me, a family friend in the middle, and Phi's wife, Suzanne on the right.

Phi.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am showing this because Suzanne was shot dead last week in Boulder Colorado while doing her grocery.
It is incredible how such an event takes a completely different signification when we actually have been in contact with a victim. I didn't know Suzanne well - had only met her at that party. But still, it makes such a difference.
Strange world indeed we live in.
RIP Suzanne.

Real Name
Richard
Claude that's so terribly sad. Condolences on the loss of someone near to you.

I read the news item here on that at the time and felt pain that once more senseless actions caused grief to the community.
I remember my dads & mums 90th and they're special moments indeed.

It's good you have pleasant memories of that time together

Claude, even if you didn't know her well, please accept my condolences. And thank you for sharing this. It truly highlights the senselessness and shock of events like this, and reminds us that the victims are not just statistics. They're people with names and full lives who leave grieving people behind.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Truly awful. Such a cruel and senseless thing to do. This particular shooting had a slight resonance for me too since I spent a week in Boulder a few years ago on a photo trip to the RMNP and shopped a few times in that store.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
Condolences on your loss, but also thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
I've been to Boulder a couple of times, it's a town where you'd be hard pressed to imagine something like this happening. When it does, and there is a link to one's own life, it makes it doubly terrible. You have my full sympathy, Claude, as does anyone who loses a loved one,

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom