Strange things happen with the histogram

Oostenwind

New to Mu-43
When I change the exposure from -3 to +3, the histogram on my viewing screen doesn't change, nor the image is getting darker or lighter. It is no live view anymore. (It is after I made the photo, that I can check the exposure, in view mode.) How can I change this to live view, what am I doing wrong?
Camera: E-P1, updated software 1.4, lens: Lumix 20mm, updated 1.1

Your help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Frank.

Oostenwind

New to Mu-43
Frank,
Sounds like you have the Live View Boost on...check your menu, I think it's under Display ....
Yes, that was it, thanks!
Live view is working again .. I wouldn't have found that myself in a million years.
I like my E-P1 a lot, (it's my first Olympus camera) but I wished that Olympus menu system wasn't so complicated .. it's not difficult, but complicated. There is no hint in the menu that Live View Boost is affecting the histogram, in my point of view it shouldn't affect the histogram in the first place, that is stupid, how can you know what you are doing?

Thanks again,
Frank.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Frank,
We all have to remember, we are not using cameras, we are using computers with a lens.
That should explain the engineering.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom