1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Strange loose sound coming out of my EM-1 body

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nl3181, May 11, 2014.

1. nl3181

nl3181 New to Mu-43

May 11, 2014
    Netherlands
    Jane
    Hi guys,
    I am having this loose sound problem on my camera body and i dunno if i should be worry about it or not?:confused:
    When i gently shake the camera body(without the lens), i can hear a loosen sound coming out from behind the mirror ?? The loosen sound seems like some camera parts behind the mirror is loosen?? Sorry, i dunno how to explain this in more details....:frown:
    The loosen sound is still there when the lens mounted on the camera body. Despite the loosen sound the image quality still great. I didn't noticed any changes on the image quality.

2. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
  3. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I just looked. My mirror is missing. Should I worry?

You might be hearing the sensor move when the IBIS is not powered. Does it have the sound when turned on?

• Like Like x 1
  4. jurgen

jurgen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2014
    You are in all likelihood hearing the sensor on its bumpers, which is held steady by IBIS when the camera is powered on but moves slightly when powered off (as the IBIS is not active). This is normal and to be expected.

You also might be hearing (or hear in the future) a rattle coming from the floating element in a lens. Again, this is normal when powered off.

(also, these are mirrorless cameras :smile:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. nl3181

nl3181 New to Mu-43

May 11, 2014
    Netherlands
    Jane
    Yes..i think it was the sensor making those loose sound. The IBIS setting on my camera is always on Default (S-IS Auto). Or should i change it??
    The camera doesn't making those losse sound when i first using it. Lately i have been shooting quiet a lots, and the loose sound can be hear no matter the camera is powered on or off.

6. nl3181

nl3181 New to Mu-43

May 11, 2014
    Netherlands
    Jane
    I think it was sensor making the loose sound.
    The loose sound is still there, but not as loud as when the camera is turned off and the lens is removed from its body. It can be hear quite loud without the lens mounted on the body.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jurgen

jurgen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2014

No, you're fine. This is normal. The sensor is still moving with IBIS, it's just being held in place during exposures and focusing. If you shake it too hard, even while it's on, you'll hear/feel it bump around slightly. I can almost guarantee that this has been going on since you got the camera, and have only recently noticed it. This is normal behavior.

• Like Like x 1