1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Storage of filters

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by StefanKruse, Apr 16, 2016.

1. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    How do you guys store your filters. I find that keeping them in the small cases in which they came when I bought them becomes a bit of a space challenge once you have 3 or 4 of them. Any great solutions for how to fit them in the camera bag without them taking up too much space? Thanks.

2. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2015
    If I'm carrying more than one filter with me, I have always used filter wallets like this:

1310135446000_475712.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StefanKruse

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    Thanks that should fit in the bag

4. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    Any suggestions for bigger filters? I am going to get 105mm Filters for a custom made 3D printed adapter for my P7-14 and I am already thinking that the plastic cases they come in will be a massive hassle when out in the fields.

5. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Here are a few options -
    • LEE Filters Field Pouch for Ten 100 x 150mm Filters
    • LEE Filters Multi Filter Pouch
    • Lowepro S&F Filter Pouch 100
    • MindShift Gear Filter Hive Mini Filter Pouch
    • MindShift Gear Filter Hive Storage Case
    • Schneider Nylon Filter Pouch - Four 4x5.65"

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    I just bought some very soft fuzzy cloth at a fabric store and sewed it into a length of filter-sized pockets. It can be stored flat across the back of the bag or in a flat compartment, effectively one filter thick, or it can be folded to be thicker and look more like the commercial products.

7. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    Thanks for the Suggestions. The Lowe Pro might even hold my Adapter at the same time and can be attached to a belt system. I might give that a go once I have assembled the whole setup.

8. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Maybe not ideal if you have more than one or two filters, but I have always liked the front and back metal lens caps that you can screw on both sides and sandwich your filter. You basically end up with a metal disk. Great solution if you have a single filter or two that you like to carry with you are all times just in case you need it (like a polarizer), but can sort of just toss it in your bag without having to worry about something else damaging it, even if it end up sitting at the bottom of your bag with a big lens resting on it.

Examples:
    http://amzn.com/B005B8M19O
    http://amzn.com/B01AEQ5GIK

• Like Like x 3
  9. StefanKruse

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    These are also very nice and convenient for travel, especially if you have e.g a nd and a polarizer same size. Thanks

10. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2015
    You can also screw multiple filters into each other and put caps on the ends of the stack.

• Like Like x 2