Stop Me From Buying The EP-2!!!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by cvwood, Nov 12, 2011.

1. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Ok, I have an EPL1, I love it, nothing wrong with it and I love the size.

The only problem I have with it is the inability to use a remote release.....the EP-2 is such a great deal right now AND it can use a remote release.

Why should I not jump on it (yes, I WANT an EP-3, but not for the current price!)?
  2. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    dont ask for a reason just do it!.
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The only possible reason I could say not to buy the E-P2 would be if you could find an E-PL2 or E-PM1 at a similar price. I believe the E-PL1 was the ONLY PEN body which is not compatible with the remote release. Even the E-PL1s sold in Japan was compatible. ;)

The E-PL2 however, will only improve on your image quality... The E-P2 has a stronger AA filter than your E-PL1 and will soften your images more. It still takes fantastic photos though, and has an excellent body build.
  4. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010

You might get spoilt by the nice controls.
    As cheap as the e-p2 is, if you look you can find the e-p1 even cheaper.

Just trying to help...
  5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I agree with Ned. Get yourself an E-PL2 or E-PM1, because the E-P2 was a dud overall; Olympus engineers just added viewfinder capability to the E-P1, gave it a new model name, and then ran around high-fiving each other instead of making any worthwhile advancements to the camera. It's nice enough I guess, but they made the E-PL2 so much better in many ways that it overshadowed the flaghip (image quality, focus speed, handling speed, etc). I'd gladly give up the additional dial of the E-P2 for those, even if the cameras were the same price.
  6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    There's no reason for not getting an EP2; it's a wonderfull camera and makes great pictures.
  7. dfigueroa84

dfigueroa84 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    I've actually had the ep2 and used it during my commute mostly in subways throughout NYC. I did not like it because it was a bit slower to af, lcd resolution wasnt up there compared to the panasonic and the body (as solid as it is) felt like it was being baby'ed by me. An epl2 is solid but plastic, has double the screen resolution, is faster to focus with the newer kit lens and looks just as nice as the ep2. Its like the epl1 and ep2 mated and gave birth to the epl2.
  8. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010

i feel silly but i thought my EP2 couldnt use a remote like my E410, or is it a third party one ?
  9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Yes, I agree. Get EPL2 over EP2. And this is coming from an EP2 owner. I'd be more than happy to sell my EP2 to anyone interested!
  10. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Well I own both the EP-2 and Epl-2 and happy with both. So I say buy what you waqnt and shoot happy.
    • Like Like x 1