Stop Action Photos

jbuch84

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
James
Lets see 'em, pictures of high speed motion stopped dead in it's tracks!

broken.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Edit: I like this post edit better

bulbpostbig.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What model flash unit did you use?

A while back a buddy and I did a series of a hammer smashing light bulbs. I lit it with one Vivitar 283 strobe. On its lowest power setting the duration is something like 1/40,000th of a sec.

No special strobe trigger or anything, we just put his RZ67 on bulb, shut the light and tripped the strobe manually. We shot *ALOT* of film and Polaroids.

jbuch84

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
James
thats using two Paul C. Buff Einstein flash heads, I love em :)

That would be a cool series of pictures to see, you wouldn't happen to have any to show would you?

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
They are b&w prints. The only ones I have left are framed. I may have a few outtake prints somewhere, that I'll scan if I do.

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
www.hiviz.com

Just ordered this kit
HiViz - Kits - Multi-Trigger PCB

For anyone interested in this type of photography, this is one of the least expensive ways to get into it. The kit with the box (inc shipping) was $42
You need to know how to solder, but they do sell completely built units for slightly higher cost. Check out all the link on their web site.

jbuch84

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
James
Wasabi, I'm browsing on my phone and that page isn't coming up like it should. What is that in the link, I'm looking forward to some "stop action" stuff from you!

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sorry

The link is to HiViz's web site, a company that offers a very low cost sound activated strobe controller kit (or assembled). I'm building mine now. It's an inexpensive means to taking this sort of photos.

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That would be a cool series of pictures to see, you wouldn't happen to have any to show would you?

I found one old print and scanned it. The scan isn't the greatest but you get the idea.

The pic is from like 1995 so, not m43. It amazes me that we got such good results lighting this with a single Vivitar 283 flash.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkedit/5641693290/" title="bulbs by 6500kelvin, on Flickr"> View attachment 162737 "640" height="454" alt="bulbs"></a>

jbuch84

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
James
I found one old print and scanned it. The scan isn't the greatest but you get the idea.

The pic is from like 1995 so, not m43. It amazes me that we got such good results lighting this with a single Vivitar 283 flash.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkedit/5641693290/" title="bulbs by 6500kelvin, on Flickr"> View attachment 162813 "640" height="454" alt="bulbs"></a>

Haha, that's awesome! Thanks for scanning that, I like it a lot

Latest threads

Top Bottom